Various Streets

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 080

 
Caption
From right, Police Station, Tempest Place, Wesleyan Chapel (1856) and Rutland House in 1899.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 081

 
Caption
The ancient Dene House Farm in Castlereagh Road c 1930, this farm predates Seaham Harbour by possibly hundreds of years.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 082

 
Caption
Marlborough Street built 1856-70, Station Hotel and Station at top of street, railings removed during WW11, photograph 1920's.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 083

 
Caption
North side of Marlborough St built 1856-70, railings removed during WW11, photograph 1920's.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 084

 
Caption
Green St looking north, Frances St will be one of the streets running off to the left. William Hornsey was a greengrocer at 10A Green St in 1910, (building at left).

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 085

 
Caption
Carriages in Charles Street, Emily St School to left, Londonderry Yard to right. Occasion not known. Photograph c1910?

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 086

 
Caption
Yard to the rear of Hunter's Buildings in 1954. Nice shed.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 087

 
Caption
Yard to the rear of Hunter's Buildings in 1954.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 088

 
Caption
Infirmary / Council Offices in Tempest Rd in the late 1960's.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 089

 
Caption
Tempest Rd Infirmary shortly before being demolished in 1969.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 090

 
Caption
Tempest Rd Infirmary window shortly before being demolished in 1969.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 091

 
Caption
Demolishing Hunter's Buildings c 1960. photographed from the yard to the rear, Hunter's Buildings to left, rear of Chamber's shop, South Cres towards right.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 092

 
Caption
Hunters Buildings,beginning of demolition Feb 1959. Chamber's shop at junction with South Crescent at left. Theatre Royal at right.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 093

 
Caption
Beech Crescent refurb in the 1990s.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 094

 
Caption
An early photograph of Bath Terrace, probably c 1861/70. Notice the lady scrubbing a step at left in North Terrace.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 095

 
Caption
Seamen's Institute (Mission), South Crescent newly opened in 1908. This building replaced the dockside Seamen's Bethel.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 096

 
Caption
Detail from ST 095 showing Bridge House Bazaar in 1908.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 097

 
Caption
Dene Crescent newly built in 1909 situated on north side of the Dene above Adam and Eve's Gardens.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 098

 
Caption
Dene Crescent newly built in 1909 situated on north side of the Dene above Adam and Eve's Gardens.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 099

 
Caption
Hunters Buildings, yard boundary wall at east end c 1958

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7