Various Streets

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 019

 
Caption
Tempest Place to left at junction with Vane Terrace. Demolished 1966 and replaced with modern housing. Photograph c 1960

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 019A

 
Caption
Tempest Rd, the houses in the previous photograph demolished in July 1966. Henry St and Hawthorn Sq at right.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 020

 
Caption
Minski's Pawnbroker, Jeweller and Draper, Clothing Store and Sale Rooms in South Railway Street from around 1900 until ( WW2 ? ) Duke of Wellington at right. Photograph c 1925

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 021

 
Caption
View from upstairs window of Hunters Buildings looking across to rear of NE block of Church Street in 1954. Site of Hunters Buildings is now the Co-op car park.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 022

 
Caption
Rear of Green St. opposite the Theatre Royal c 1950. Rear of Matson's shop at left. Roof of the Theatre Royal (Gaff) can be seen at top of frame.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 023

 
Caption
Hunters Buildings, west end of yard in the 1950s.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 024

 
Caption
Hunters Buildings, entrance to yard at left, looking towards Theatre Royal in the 1950s. demolished c1960.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 025

 
Caption
Ginns Buildings corner at the junction of Adolphus Street with southern end of South Tce (at right of frame). The photographer would have been standing just to the east of the Braddyll Arms. c 1930

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 026

 
Caption
Old wooden houses first called Wood Cottages then Marquess Cottages, Wood Houses and finally Pilot Cottages These buildings were the first houses erected in Seaham Harbour ( before 1828 ) on what is now the Terrace Green to house workers building the dock, later moved to the Pilot Tce site ( at the NE corner of the Bottleworks area ) they were demolished in 1934.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 027

 
Caption
Masonic Hall 2nd left built 1874 and private dwellings in North Rd. Looking north c1925.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 028

 
Caption
North Rd looking north past junction with Dene House Road (Lover's Lane), c 1920.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 028A

 
Caption
Detail from previous picture.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 028B

 
Caption
Detail from ST 028

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 029

 
Caption
Children at the southern end of Green Street, number 14, behind the Edinburgh and Castle public House around 1930. Looking north.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 030

 
Caption
Sebastapol Terrace at the eastern end of Tempest Road c 1970. Probably built around 1850

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 031

 
Caption
Building Civic Centre Sept 1966.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 032

 
Caption
Eastern end of Frances Street in the 1950s.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 033

 
Caption
Blandford Street, looking north towards the Blandford Hotel, Castlereagh Bridge, Vane Tce and Cliff House in the distance in the 1920s.

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 034

 
Caption
3 Gunns Buildings early 30's

Thumbnail Image Table

ST 035

 
Caption
Rear of 1 and 2 South Terrace c 1930.

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7