Slideshow:  Start | Stop
« Previous  |   Home  |   Next »
 

ST 003

 
Caption
From right, Drill Hall 1888,headquarters of 2nd Durham (Seaham) Volunteer Artillery Brigade, first catholic church (school to rear )1869*, police station 1861, Tempest Place, Wesleyan Chapel **, Londonderry Institute ( not visible ) and finally Rutland House. * Catholic community had formerly worshipped in the Lord Seaham Hotel. ** The chapel was originally built by the Independent Methodists c 1860 and taken over by the Wesleyans in 1881