Slideshow:  Start | Stop
« Previous  |   Home  |   Next »
 

ST 016

 
Caption
Green Street looking north in the early 1950s. Built around 1830 this street was originally known as Cheapside, the name was officially changed in 1861. The houses/shops shown were opposite the Theatre Royal. Dilapidated in the photograph and near the end of their days these shops would have been successful businesses in a prime spot for over a hundred years.