Slideshow:  Start | Stop
« Previous  |   Home  |   Next »
 

ST 127

 
Caption
The Theatre Royal opened in November 1873, shown here shortly after being re-built in 1901. Became a cinema in October 1931, demolished in 1975, the Co-op supermarket was built on the site in 1977. The Golden Lion, originally the Golden Anchor was the first habitable building built in the new town of Seaham Harbour. The first school (private) opened in a first floor room here in 1830. The figure of the gold painted lion firs appeared in 1901 an was renewed by builder W Tomlin in 1935.