Slideshow:  Start | Stop
« Previous  |   Home  |   Next »
 

ST 011

 
Caption
South Crescent in the early 1900's. The foundation stone of the Londonderry Arms, centre, was laid on the same day as that of the dock, Nov 28 1828. Although it has the reputation of being Seaham Harbour's first building, the first finished, habitable building was the Golden Lion. Probably open by 1830, re-named Sylvia’s c 1980s. From the early 1830s, stagecoaches left here for Sunderland, their arrival and departure announced by a bugler. Closed c 2006. Now a Thai restaurant "Pan Din Thai". Jessie Robson's tobacconists shop at No 5 (left).