Streets central area.....Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
Looking east down North Railway St, still the main shopping street around 1915. Walter Willson's at junction with (old) Henry St to left. Railwaymen's shed on incline to right.

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
North Railway St from pretty much the same viewpoint as the previous photograph, 89 years later in 2004.

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
North Railway Street in 1899. Seaham's first telephone exchange was in Young's shop at left of frame.

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
Nos 27, 28 and 29 North Railway Street in 1934 Ben Robson Upholsterer at no 27. W Taylor a stationer at no 28. For around 50 years prior to c 1930 the Young family had owned this shop. Rbt Clough was a tailor at no 27 from early 1890s but by 1925 had moved to 68 Church St where he traded until the early thirties.

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
Detail from previous photograph.

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11