North Terrace...Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 031

 
Caption
Tempest Rd Infirmary built by Lady Londonderry in 1844, pictured here with Medical Officer Luke Dillon, matron and staff in 1917. Initally maintained by a levy on all ships entering the dock. A military hospital in WW1 The building was used as Council Offices from 1920 till 1964 and demolished in 1969. part of the building, accessed by the west door, was in use as a public library from jun 1930 until the current Library building opened around 1960

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 032

 
Caption
WW1 Memorial on Terrace Green, cannon to left, old lighthouse to right c 1920

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 033

 

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 034

 
Caption
Looking north to Bath Terrace from the Terrace Green , note Russian cannon. Photograph before WW2

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 035

 
Caption
Looking north to Bath Terrace from the Terrace Green , note Russian cannon. Photograph before WW2

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11