North Terrace...Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 026

 
Caption
Northern end of North Tce in the 1960s

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 027

 
Caption
The Navy Club and Council Offices ( Infirmary ) in North Tce from the WW1 monument c 1960

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 028

 
Caption
Council Offices ( Infirmary ) in North Terrace , early 1960's. Sebastapol Tce (Tempest Rd) to right.

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 029

 
Caption
Former Infirmary, the Council Offices when this photograph was taken c 1965

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 030

 
Caption
The Infirmary, Tempest Rd, built by Lady Londonderry in 1844 at a cost of £800 and financed by a levy on each ship entering the harbour. Used as a military hospital during WW1 it ceased to be a hospital shortly afterwards. From 1920 until 1964 used as Council Offices. Demolished in 1969. Photograph 1917

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11