North Terrace...Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 001

 
Caption
North Terrace in the early 1900's. There were 4 public houses in North tce, The Shakespeare closed 1910, the Marlborough 1932, the King's Arms in the 1960's leaving the Lord Seaham now called the Harbour View. Of the first 133 buildings completed in Seaham, 12 were pubs.

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 002

 
Caption
North Terrace still a busy shopping street in 1899. Russian gun to left of frame and Londonderry offices in their original form.

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 003

 
Caption
North Tce, Bath Tce in the distance and Londonderry Offices (built 1857) to the right. This photograph taken around 1900 shows the Londonderry Offices in their original form before they were enlarged in 1909 During the 19th and early part of the 20th century, North Tce and North Railway St were the major shopping streets in the town.

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 004

 
Caption
A postcard of North Tce posted in 1907. Original Londonderry Offices to right, London & Newcastle Tea Co (general dealers) first shop on left

Thumbnail Image Table

NT 005

 
Caption
North Tce between 1910 and 1916. Streets still lit with gas, no electricity until 1927. Rutherford's Buildings and North Railway St to left. Incline railway lines crossing street in foreground.

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11