Colliery Streets.

Thumbnail Image Table

A22

 
Caption
Looking west towards the Mill Inn from Station Road in 2007.

Thumbnail Image Table

A23

 
Caption
Tea-time in Snowdon's cornfield behind Doctor st 1930.

Thumbnail Image Table

A24

 
Caption
Cutting corn with the binder behind Viceroy Street now Westlea in 1930. Snowdon's land.

Thumbnail Image Table

A25

 
Caption
Vasey's Supply Stores and the Drill Hall which became the Primitive Methodist Chapel in 1910.The first passenger motor coach run on Seaham Colliery road was owned by Mr T O Johnson of Cornish St. The second motor coach was owned by Mr Edwards of the Bridge Bazaar N Railway Street. Date?

Thumbnail Image Table

A26

 
Caption
William St on the Mill bank, demolished by 1960. Note the cobbled strip at each side if the road, probably to provide grip for horses, all motor traffic tended to drive in the centre , cobbles were not removed until the mid / late 60's.

Thumbnail Image Table

A27

 
Caption
Southern end of Mount Pleasant which ran north from the top of Deneside in the 1950's.

Thumbnail Image Table

A28

 
Caption
Mr Ryan standing outside William Street on the Mill Bank. Date?

Thumbnail Image Table

A29

 
Caption
View north from the Dilly ( Seaham Colliery pit heap ) in the 1950's, the old windmill to the left, Mill Inn centre and Butcher St in the foreground.

Thumbnail Image Table

A30

 
Caption
Walter Wilson's shop at the top of the Mill Bank in the 1920s?.

Thumbnail Image Table

A31

 
Caption
The Co-op on the Mill Bank, derelict in the 1970s before being refurbished By Fred Cordner to become the popular Assembly Rooms.

Thumbnail Image Table

A32

 
Caption
Another shot of the old Co-op buildings.

Thumbnail Image Table

A33

 
Caption
Interior of the Assembly Rooms.

Thumbnail Image Table

A34

 
Caption
Interior of the Assembly Rooms.

Thumbnail Image Table

A35

 
Caption
The windowless "backs" of Doctor Street, California St in the foreground derelict during the construction of Westlea. Photograph early 1950s.

Thumbnail Image Table

A36

 
Caption
Roy Snowdon's Mill House Farm demolished in 1956 to make way for Essex Cres, Eastlea. Photograph 1950 or earlier.

Thumbnail Image Table

A37

 
Caption
E C Snowdon of Mill House Farm. Decorated float in a 1923 parade, possibly Seaham Flower Show.

Thumbnail Image Table

A38

 
Caption
Carr House Farm on the site of what is now Ryton Cres ( behind the Mallard ), last owned before it's demolition in 1936 by Charles Aitkenhead a renowned Clydesdale breeder and dairy farmer. Deneside was originally known as Carr House Estate until 1931

Thumbnail Image Table

A39

 
Caption
Outbuilding, Carr House Farm c 1930.

Thumbnail Image Table

A40

 
Caption
Carr House Farm with Mission House, Seaham and Stewart Streets in background, 1929 Farm demolished 1936 and Ryton Cres built

Thumbnail Image Table

A41

 
Caption
Carr House farmyard c 1929, Will Aitkenhead at top of cart.

Pages:     1 2 3