Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 037

 
Caption
Church Street around 1960

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 038

 
Caption
Barclays Bank at the eastern Junction of Church St and South Tce. Martin's Bank since the late 1920's it was taken over by Barclays around 1960

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 039

 
Caption
Ruben's Arcade opened 1928,(left foreground), previously dwelling houses. National School built in 1848, disused after 1973 and demolished in 1980. Photograph from St John's church in the early 1960s.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 040

 
Caption
Church Street around 1905, looking west to St John's Church. Vane Arms at right.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 041

 
Caption
Louigi Questa opened this shop at the junction of Church St and South Tce between 1902 and 1910 and had moved on to York by 1920. Became Aquilina Di Mascio's Refreshment Room, 4 Church St in 1929.

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14