Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 027

 
Caption
Church St between 1936 and 1939.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 028

 
Caption
Derelict National School at the western end of Church Street in the late 1970s. Demolished shortly after this photograph was taken, a supermarket now occupies the site.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 029

 
Caption
Derelict National School at the western end of Church Street in the late 1970s. Demolished shortly after this photograph was taken, a supermarket now occupies the site.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 030

 
Caption
Church Street in 1963. Boots the Chemist to the left at the junction with Adelaide Row, Smith's Furnishing Store to right at the junction with Caroline St. Surrounding wall of the National School in right foreground.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 031

 
Caption
Church St before 1914. Pork butcher Espert at very left of picture expressed strong anti British views and left Seaham for Bradford in the face of mounting hostility after sailor broke his shop window because of anti German feeling. Robt Graham born 1825 opened this pawnrokers shop at 11 Church St in 1861, by 1865 he had moved to No 16 then whoever was trading in his name (he had 4 daughters) moved back to No 11 in 1912 and was still there in 1938. Henry Minski opened this House Furnishing shop at 60 Church St between 1902 and 1910 and was still there in 1938

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14