Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 023

 

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 024

 
Caption
Church St before WW2, Clock on right known as the Public Benefit Clock after the shoe shop on which it hung. Geoff Carr's fruit shop demolished Dec 1935 to make way for Woolworth's which opened 26 Mar 1936

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 025

 

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 026

 
Caption
Church St before 1934 Edgar Archibald Newsome began trading as a wine & spirit dealer between 1910/14 became Newsome Bros in the late 20's and continued until c 70's. FW Armstrongs chemists shop traded here from c 1920 (1915-1920), was still here in 29 but had relocated to The Ave Deneside by 1934. Also the dwelling hse next door to Newsomes (at right) was H Hutchinsons first jewellers shop by 1934. Junction with Adelaide Row to left and Caroline St to right.

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
Detail from previous photograph.

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14