Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 019

 
Caption
United Methodist Chapel in Church St in the 1980's. Built in 1846 it was enlarged in 1866 and 1877 to seat 750. United Methodists originally worshipped in a Tabernacle in an upstairs room here. Their new chapel on this site was burnt out in 1904, services were then held in the Theatre Royal until it was rebuilt with help from Londonderry family.

Thumbnail Image Table
Caption
United Methodists originally worshipped in a Tabernacle in upstairs rooms of a house or houses (built early 1840s) which originall occupied this site. This the first chapel, built in 1846 was enlarged in 1866 and again in 1877 to seat 750, it was burnt out in 1904 and was replaced in 1905 by the chapel in the previous photograph.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 020

 
Caption
Church St c 1958

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 021

 
Caption
Western end of Church Street in the 1960s. The old National School at centre left.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 022

 
Caption
Tommy Atkins, Church St, outfitters from the late 1920's till the 1960's. Photograph 1930's

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14