Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 014

 
Caption
Looking west up Church Street sometime between 1908 and 1914.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 015

 
Caption
Church St, still largely residential in the late 1800's and early 1900's, the main shopping area being North and South Railway Streets and North Tce. In 1841 there were only 11 buildings on the north side ( left in this picture ) By 1851 there were over 40 completed buildings, still with a large gap in the middle and enjoying views over gardens and then open countryside. The south side by the mid 50's was complete from the South Tce junction to that with Green St plus 4 buildings immediately west of Green St (numbers 1-11). Photograph between 1905 and 1909.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 016

 
Caption
Woolworth's Store opened 1936, closed 1980s?. Site now occupied by Ethel Austin store. Photograph 1930s.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 017

 
Caption
Church Street c 1980.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 018

 
Caption
Danish Dairy Co. at the junction of Church St and South Cres. Mr and Mrs Richardson (they also at some stage, probablyafter this photo was taken traded under their own name in the same premises before 1910. D D Co was trading here with W Allen as manager in 1893

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14