Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 058

 
Caption
Staff outside Meadow Dairy in Church St c1947. Left to right, Nancy Pattinson, Dorothy Ellis, Jean Williams. Photograph from Brian Carr

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 059

 
Caption
4 Back Church St / 2 Green St, this shop is currently the rear of Elve's green-grocery business at the eastern end of Church St. The street to the right, Back Church St/ Back South Railway St was once known as the Irish Back Street.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 060

 
Caption
Church Street in the 1960s, Harold Hutchinson's jeweller at centre, then Boots, then Robinson's shoe shop and Valente's at extreme right.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 061

 
Caption
The Vane Arms at 74 Church Street c1930 Opened in 1847, closed c1970 and became a bingo hall before being demolished.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 062

 
Caption
Church Street c1950

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14