Church street.......Select a picture to enlarge

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 042

 
Caption
Church St from St John's tower 1980.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 043

 
Caption
Church St in 1939, Rose and Crown closed early 1980's, Minski's succeeded by Calverts in 1945.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 044

 
Caption
Staff of Woolworths, Church St, during WW2 The lady second from the right in the back row is Eleanor Hall from Murton (later to marry Tom McHugh). Can you name anyone else in this photograph. Photograph and info sent in by Linda Hall.

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 045

 
Caption
Woolworth's store in Church Street 1970. Opened 1936, closed 1980s

Thumbnail Image Table

CST 047

 
Caption
Ayres Grocery shop in the New Arcade at the junction of Church St and Blandford Place in 1934. The Ayres family also traded as grocers at 34 Frances St since around the end of WW1. By 1939 it would appear that the New Arcade shop had re-located to 39 Church St.

Pages:     1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14