Slideshow:  Start | Stop
« Previous  |   Home  |   Next »
 

CST 002

 
Caption
Church St between 1912 and 1914. Pork butcher Espert at 10 Church St (very left of picture) expressed strong anti British views and left Seaham for Bradford in the face of mounting hostility after sailor broke his shop window because of anti German feeling. Robt Graham born 1825 opened this pawnrokers shop at 11 Church St in 1861, by 1865 he had moved to No 16 then whoever was trading in his name (he had 4 daughters) moved back to No 11 in 1912 and was still there in 1938. Henry Minski opened this House Furnishing shop at 60 Church St between 1902 and 1910 and was still there in 1938. United Methodist Free Church at right.