Slideshow:  Start | Stop
« Previous  |   Home  |   Next »
 

CST 001

 
Caption
Church St looking west, original United Methodist Free Church at right, built in 1866, rebuilt in 1877 destroyed by fire in 1904. Originally the upstairs rooms of 2 houses were converted into a church known as the Tabernacle, these houses were demolished in 1866. Wright the butcher opened this shop (next to Vane Arms) at 73 Church St before 1890. The shop at left, the Danish Dairy Co, was trading here with W Allen as manager in 1899. Photograph taken 1899